Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Can't Get Enough Of: Son of a Bad Man

I'm following in the footsteps of some of my favorite bloggers and jumping on the Son of a Bad Man bandwagon. Why has it taken me so long to hear these guys? I knew I had to check them out after Ben blogged about them, but sometimes it takes me longer than I'd like to hear things I know I should. About a week ago, someone I follow on twitter was offering to gift the new single to the first 5 people to respond. I was lucky enough to be one of the five. If you need music suggestions, this girl has got 'em. I don't know her personally, but have heard about her mixes through many mutual friends.  I had never received an iTunes gift before and it is surprisingly easy. I immediately downloaded "Written In Stone" and it didn't take me long to realize I needed to hear more from this band. Frontman Shawn Fisher has got some serious pipes! I picked up their EP right away and my only issue with it, is that there aren't enough songs! Hopefully a full-length record is on its way, thanks to their kickstarter campaign.
In the meantime, get "Written In Stone" on iTunes & check out their awesome cover of Foster The People's "Pumped Up Kicks"

No comments:

Post a Comment