Monday, August 8, 2011

Newport Folk Festival - Brown Bird


While looking through the schedule for Sunday's lineup of the Newport Folk Festival, I came across Rhode Island's own Brown Bird. One look at that gorgeous beard and I knew I couldn't miss their set. I got there super early & managed to get a seat in the Harbor Stage tent for their early morning show.
David Lamb & his partner, MorganEve Swain, are beautiful. They win for most adorable couple actually in a relationship at Newport. (The Civil Wars win most adorable couple not in a relationship.) David came out playing banjo & I thought my heart was going to explode. MorganEve played strings throughout the set, switching up between violin, cello & upright bass. Their voices compliment each other perfectly.
The duo is releasing a new album in October & I'll definitely be picking it up and catching them at a show.
Some of my favorite tunes - "By the Reins" & the new one, "Fingers to the Bone"

You can also hear their whole set from the festival on NPR.




No comments:

Post a Comment